Create a simple wireframe mock up of the layout using the Bootstrap HTML, CSS and JS framework.– (Completed 2015-02-15) Create placement for map.– (Completed 2015-02-15) Create placement for news feed.– (Completed 2015-02-16) Create placement for tabbed sidebar with Trends and Location conversation.– (Completed 2015-02-16)
- Create most popular/tweeted pictures placement. – (Buggy 2015-02-16)
- Create Twitter picture stream placement. – (Buggy 2015-02-17)
Include Google Map API.– (Completed 2015-02-15) Load Google Map into placement.– (Completed 2015-02-15) Get Google Map to recognise the current map location by latitude and longitude– (Completed 2015-02-15)
- Get Google Map to tell the user where that latitude and longitude is in relation to. For example: Bournemouth, Dorset, UK. – (Buggy/Laggy 2015-02-15)
- Get Google Map to place markers on the Map.
- Get Google Map to produce a heat map effect around markers, depending on their popularity. For example: Red = many markers and Blue = few markers (See Google Heatmaps). – (Buggy 2015-02-15)
- Include Twitter API.
- Get location hashtag based on Google Map latitude and longitude. For example: #Bournemouth.
- Get Tweets for given map location, or hashtag conversation.
- Show tweets on map using Google Marker.
- Show heat map effect around Tweet clusters.
- Show tweets with media content like images, video and audio on the media stream.
- Show most Tweeted in the past (xx hours/days) on the featured images.
- Show popular trends for given map location on sidebar trends.
- Show Twitter conversation for given maps location in the sidebar.
- Include an appropriate news API similar to the discontinued Google News API.
- Include news article title
- Include news article summary description.
- Include news website icon/logo.